On the last day of the year, I did a photo shoot of an high school friend and her family of five as well as a mini newborn photo shoot of her 1 month old. The initial location for the family photo fell through because I was unable to check it out in time before it closed however the back up location was great. I have never been to Sunshine Park which is located at South Beach Park in Jacksonville Beach, FL but boy was my 2 year old son happy that I had to do "my research" before the shoot.
I was able to try out my new gear I received for Christmas from my adoring hubby- my SB 700 (speedlight flash) as well as my 50mm 1.8 lens during the shoot. Of course it was my first time using the flash for a shoot so it was still a learning process. I knew I was going to need it to eliminate shadows and was hoping to use it mainly for fill light.
All in all the shoots went well. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable trying to pose adults, its just getting those little ones to listen to me. And I really need to attain some skills photographing newborns but I SO don't have the funds right now to take any kind of course. Eventually though, I hope to. And of course the shoots extended over the 2 hours I allotted for myself for both sessions but you can't rush artistic ability, right?
Hope you enjoy a few sneak peeks from the shoot in the collage below.

No comments:
Post a Comment